Washington County Ambulance Services provides non-emergency ambulance transport to qualifying patients.
Non-Emergency ambulance transports must be approved and scheduled more than 24 hours in advance, with the exception of hospital requests.
All patients must have a valid PCS, with accepted insurance provider or guaranteed payment. *(This does not apply to Emergency Ambulance Transports (9-1-1)).
ALS & BLS transfers are available upon request & crew availability.
Please call our District 1 Station to request and schedule a non-emergency transport at 319-656-2047.
Please have the following information ready when you call:
- Transfer Time
- Transfer Date
- Pickup Location (Name & Address, room # if applicable)
- Destination (Name & Address, room # if applicable)
- Patient Name
- Patient Date of Birth
- Age & Gender
- Medical Necessity / Reason for transfer
- Special Needs / Medical equipment needed.
- Insurance & Payment information