Veterans Affairs


The Washington County Commission of Veterans Affairs provides assistance to Washington County Veterans and/or eligible family members.  

County assistance with the following is available, subject to eligibility guidelines:

 Rent payments 
 Food and provisions
 Burial assistance 
 Grave markers 

The Veterans Affairs department also provides assistance to Veterans and/or their family members in applying for federal benefits and other veterans aid, which include but are not limited to:

 Service connected disability compensation 
 Non-service connected pension 
 Surviving spouse pension 
 Aid & attendance/housebound 
 Military records  
 Application for VA Health Care  
 Application for admission to the Iowa Veterans Home 
 All other federal programs for which Veterans and/or dependents may be eligible